Are you looking for fun Halloween treats to hand out this October? Only a few supplies are needed to turn a pack of Hershey bars into a gang of spooky mummies.
This is a fun project, one that the Little Monster and I worked on together. They are fun and simple to make – just follow my step-by-step instructions below.
First, gather your supplies…
Here’s what you will need to make these Halloween treats:
- full size Hershey candy bars
- white crepe paper streamers
- black card stock
- wiggly eyes (ours were 15-mm. diameter)
- glue dots (we used Zots small clear adhesive dots)
For each mummy, do the following:
1. Cut a piece of card stock into a strip that is 2.5″ wide by 5″ long. Use the glue dots to secure two wiggly eyes to the upper part of the card stock.
2. Cut the streamers into approximate five foot lengths. We wrapped ours around a ruler five times, then cut.
3. Next, you will need to cut the strip in two, so that you have two five foot length sections. It helps to fold the streamer over a few times before making the cut. See the diagram below:
4. Now, use a glue dot to secure the black card stock to the front of the candy bar.
5. Put a glue dot on the bottom back of the candy bar. Stick the crepe paper to it and start twisting around the bar, making sure to overlap each layer.
6. Continue wrapping the candy bar, moving up until you get to the eyes. Leave a little peekhole and finish wrapping.
7. Secure the crepe paper with a glue dot and use scissors to trim off any excess.
8. Use the second strip of crepe paper to start the second layer. Repeat steps 5-7.
That’s it – easy peasy, right! The Little Monster is planning to pass these out to his classmates this week – should be fun!